I’ve always said that braising is my favorite cooking method and this beef braciole recipe just proves that to be true! It’s delicious, you can make it in under 90 minutes and it is great served during the week to family or at a family gathering.
PRINT THIS RECIPE: https://www.billyparisi.com/beef-braciole-recipe
Ingredients for this Beef Braciole Recipe:
• 2 28-ounce cans of San Marzano Tomatoes
• 2-pound beef top sirloin roast
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
• 4 finely minced cloves garlic
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
1. Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a medium size pot, season with salt and pepper and cook on low heat.
2. Next, slice the sirloin roast into 12 thin fillets and pound each of them out on a cutting board in between plastic wrap or a plastic bag until it is about ¼ thick. Season with salt and pepper Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl mix together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper until combined.
4. Add a small amount of the bread crumb mixture to the center of 1 pounded beef fillet and spread it out across the beef fillet pressing it down into the beef. Roll up the beef to make a roulade.
5. Repeat until the beef and stuffing has all been used and truss each beef roulade with butcher’s twine or a tooth pick.
6. Next, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat and sear the beef on all sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
7. Pour in the tomato sauce, add a lid to the pan and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
8. Remove the butchers twine, slice and serve.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!