Chicken Meatballs Curry | Chicken Kofta Curry | Chicken Meatballs in Gravy | Chicken Kofta Gravy Recipe | Chicken Kofta Recipe | Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Kofta Curry:
For Meatballs/ Koftas: To make around 10-12 meatballs
– Chicken mince/ keema- 250 gms
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Breadcrumbs- 5-6 tbsp
– Onion, fine chopped- 2 tbsp
– Green chillies chopped-2
– Coriander leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
– Garlic, fine chopped- 1 clove
– Egg – 1 small
– Whole garam masala/spices-
– Green cardamom- 4
– Cloves- 4
– Cinnamon- 2 pieces of 1”
– Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Brown onion paste by grinding together-
– Fried onions- 2 medium (total 120 gms)
– Curd/yogurt- 2 tbsp
– Tomato purée of 2 small tomatoes- total 100 gms
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli powder-1 tsp
– Coriander powder- 2 tsp
– Cumin powder- 1 tsp
– Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
– Salt- 1/2 tsp or to taste
– Oil -3 tbsp
– Fine chop 1/2 an onion (around 2 tbsp fine chopped onion), 2 green chillies, 1 clove garlic & coriander leaves.
– Mix the chicken mince with the items indicated above. Rub oil on your palms and form round meatballs as shown. Should give 10-12 meatballs depending on the size. Arrange all in a plate and keep it in the fridge for around 1 hour.
– Fry the sliced onions till golden, remove and let it cool.
– To make a brown onion paste, add the fried onions & 2 tbsp curd/ yoghurt to a grinder/ blender, blend it to a paste. Do not add water.
– Make a purée of 2 small tomatoes or use readymade tomato purée.
– Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai/pan and add the whole garam masala/spices.
– Once it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins till raw smell is gone.
– Now add the brown onion paste, mix well and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add the tomato purée, mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add all the spice powders other than garam masala powder, mix and fry on low heat with a splash of water for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Now add 200 ml water, mix well and add garam masala powder. Mix again and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Slide in the meatballs/koftas gently side by side and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins.
– Remove the lid, hold the pan handles on both sides and gently shake it for the koftas to turn and get coated in the gravy.
– Cover and cook again on low heat for another 15-20 mins till the koftas/meatballs are cooked.
– Serve with roti or rice
#chickenkoftacurry #chickenmeatballscurry #chickenmeatballs #chickenkofta #chickenmeatballsrecipe #koftacurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!